Effective and efficient communication among faculty and staff is fundamental to the success of Roosevelt’s mission. To this end, the ITS team has been working closely with colleagues throughout the University to develop a new hub for internally shared information called Inside Roosevelt. This new tool will replace the existing Faculty and Staff section of the University website. Some of the exciting benefits Inside Roosevelt provides are:
- A secure and easy means of communication among faculty and staff, allowing our public website to focus on our prospective and current students
- A robust search feature that quickly returns accurate results
- The ability to preserve institutional knowledge about important processes and procedures in a central location
- The ability for each department to update their own content with an easy-to-use interface
- A quick and easy way to submit news items to the Roosevelt Broadcast
- The ability to easily provide feedback to content owners in service of continual improvement
I am happy to announce that Inside Roosevelt will begin rolling out over the next few weeks. Here’s what to expect:
- On October 8, links on the Faculty and Staff section of the home page will begin to be redirected to equivalent content on Inside Roosevelt. All faculty and staff will be able to log in to Inside Roosevelt with their NetID and password. Items for inclusion in the Roosevelt Broadcast will continue to be submitted in the current manner, and the Broadcast emails will continue to be sent three times a week.
- Beginning October 8, the Inside Roosevelt team will offer a number of in-person workshops as well as online documentation about how to use the platform.
- On October 15, the Faculty and Staff home page on the University’s public website will redirect all users to log in to Inside Roosevelt. At this point, the Broadcast will transfer to Inside Roosevelt, and new instructions for submitting items to the Broadcast will be provided. Daily email digests of updates to the Broadcast on Inside Roosevelt will begin to be sent to all Inside Roosevelt users.
- After October 15, the Inside Roosevelt team will continue to provide support and training on an as-needed basis.
I look forward to connecting with you on Inside Roosevelt!
Vice President Information Technology and Chief Information Officer